Sunday, August 25, 2013

There Are So Many Worse Things

Hey :) College is going pretty great so far.

~ Dropped my US history class, so I only have 15.5 credit hours. It's gonna be a totally manageable semester now. Unless Scope & Methods actually kills me.

~Applied for jobs at the library, writing center, gym, and tutoring center. Hopefully something turns up. I'm $200 short of where I wanted to be at the end of the summer. Not a great feeling.

~ Went to a Headphone Disco. Really interesting and fun. I was reminded again that I can actually dance. I'm always surprised. Like, literally every time. If I go out again and dance, I will be genuinely surprised if people think I'm any good.

~ Made four new friends. Somewhat unfortunately, three of them are freshman guys XD One of them is a senior girl who's in my tap dance class and Scopes & Methods class.

~ Haven't gotten sick from the cafeteria yet.

I do have two small dilemmas already thought. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bekah and I love the freshman guys we met. They're really sweet and fun and we like showing them around. However, we're worried about leading them on. Is there a way to be good friends without things getting weird and tragic? Gerard says "Don't talk to them." Aaron suggested I hot glue corn flakes to my face to put up a friends-only barrier. Y'all got anything else?

Bekah herself is the second dilemma. I like her. I love rooming with her. But she spent all her time last year between guys' dorms and houses and wasn't around to make real friends. Now that she's getting serious about school work and avoiding guys {"They have cooties."}, she clings to me like she has chronic new kid syndrome. How do I get some healthy distance here?

But you know, these dilemmas are hilariously small compared to last year's series of meltdowns. I'm doing well, and I'm sticking to that.

~Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. just be friends with the guys. don't be overly physically affectionate with them, like clingy hugs or lingering hands on their shoulders. if you're just nice and friendly towards them, anything they might read into that is all in their head and nothing you did, so i wouldn't worry too much about it.

    as for getting some distance from your roommate, it's important that you figure out something now so that you don't get sick of her and move out halfway through the year like i did when i moved into a small dorm room with my best friend. eventually (hopefully) she'll make some new friends of her own and it won't be like she's your playful shadow all year.

    i'm excited for your new year at school! sounds like you are already off to a great start :)

    ReplyDelete