Sunday, October 27, 2013

In Which I Reward Your Curiosity that Was Pequed the First Time a Post Contained the Ridiculous Phrase "In Which"

In case you didn't follow that, this post is about Anthony, the guy who I thought maybe liked me and I didn't know what to do with that. Well, things have taken a turn...

For the better. He brought up the issue himself, rather nicely. Something like "So, I just want to be honest with you... I have feelings for you, which was probably really obvious. I try to be pretty straightforward about these things."

And I told him something like "I'm really glad you said something. I think you're great and I really want to keep getting to know you, but I move incredibly slowly and I'm in a weird place with the guy dated, so I don't want to lead you on."

Result:  He was totally okay with it. And a few days later, when the idea of commitment issues popped up, I accidentally let it out that I have major, major, debilitating issues with commitment. I immediately wanted to bite my tongue off, because I'm sure I sounded like a raving lunatic, but it didn't phase him.

"About that," he began easily. "I so respect your slow pace. I've made mistakes jumping into things in the past, and I'm done with that. I'm gonna be honest..." He laughed. "...if you'd met me two years ago, I would not have had the patience for this. But now...I dunno, I'm okay with it."

Oh.

So then we just talked about Lord of the Rings and struggling with accusations of arrogance for the next hour. And then he walked me back to my dorm room in the freezing cold even though he's almost worse with cold than I am.

He still hasn't gotten within a foot of me. Guys like that are a dying breed.

~Stephanie

5 comments:

  1. i'm SO GLAD that things worked themselves out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll find out over time if he means it or not. The impression I got in your last post about him was that you weren't interested. Did you say that to him? Just reading this post my impression is you might like him but want to move really slowly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have feelings for him right now, and would honestly prefer not to keep it that way. However, I'm trying to be reasonable and keep myself appropriately open to new options, like him.

      Delete
  3. That's awesome! It sounds like he's a decent guy. I'm so glad that things are working out. If it's meant to be, then it'll be. No need to rush in :).

    ReplyDelete