Thursday, May 2, 2013

30 Hours In

I thought to myself today "You're doing a really good job getting along with your family."

Then I realized it's only been about 30 hours since I moved back.

I feel different, and I'm trying to act differently. Maybe I'm kidding myself, but I think I'm succeeding--so far.

My sister has become intensely sarcastic and short-tempered in my absence {no doubt filling in for me}; my dad has become even more clueless; and my mom just wants to be with me all the time.

I'm kind of afraid that it's only a matter of time before I flip out on them. I can already feel my patience wearing, their presence making me tense. I really don't want to argue with them. I really want to be helpful and mature and fun and make life nice for all of us.

Hopefully, with a lot of prayer and a healthy amount of friends and alone time, I can navigate this new summer lifestyle without serious emotional damage to myself or those around me XD

In other news, I'm thinking of changing Pandora's name. I definitely want to keep it Greek and meaningful, but I don't have any concrete ideas yet. Thoughts?

~Stephanie

4 comments:

  1. Well, work and traveling will definitely help haha XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's definitely a balance, learning to be yourself and re-learning to live with your parents. and it's also hard for them to learn to let you go and grow up. but even though patience will run out (for both parties) and tensions may be high every now and then, you all will get through it. your relationships will change, but all relationships do. and it's scary and exciting and messy but definitely worth it.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS here is a link to some Greek words that could maybe help you with the next name of your blog? i mean, if you are interested.

    http://www.ellopos.net/elpenor/lessons/somewords.asp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! Thank you so much! This is great!

      Delete