Monday, April 21, 2014

Three Tap Touch

We all {though Urban Dictionary says mostly males} do it , and I really thought we all knew the name for it, but apparently it's less well-known than I thought. Therefore, I have taken it upon myself to educate the masses. {By posting on a small blog that isn't even listed on my profile anymore. That's right.}

The three tap touch:  "The ritual performed...before leaving the house/apartment/room/living space...to check for the presence of phone, keys, and wallet. Usually done by touching the front right, front left, and then back right pocket in succession to ensure said items are still in your damn pants." - Urban Dictionary.

My lovely friend James could use a good course in TTT-ing. In the six months I've been good friends with him, he has lost his wallet at his apartment, my home, and a grocery store {it was left in the cart}. He also routinely leaves it behind places, like at a cash register, locked in his Jeep, or his uncle's house in Baltimore.

That last instance is actually in the process of occurring.

Cassidy, my sister Sarah, and James drove six hours to see the Orioles {right?} play in Baltimore on Wednesday. They've been staying at his uncle and aunt's place on kind of a mini vacation. They were supposed to leave early this morning, so I texted Sarah at about 10am.

"On the road again?"

Sarah:  "Yes and no. James forgot his wallet. We're going to have to go back."

Considering they were supposed to leave "early," meaning probably 8 or 9, the neglected wallet is probably costing them two to four hours on the road XD

Me:  "I can't believe you didn't enforce the three tap touch. It's like you've never met James :P"

Sarah:  "The what?"

And thus. This post.

I hope you leave your computer enlightened and reminded always to tap yourself thrice before leaving your home, a grocery store, a cash register, your car, or your uncle's house in Baltimore.

~Stephanie

5 comments:

  1. Yup, I do it all the time, had no idea there was a name for it. Thought I was just being annoyingly careful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that with my phone and my purse. I almost always have my purse instead of my wallet and that's where I keep my keys (though if I'm leaving the house, the keys will always be found in my car.. cuz that's how we do it in the country... haha).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nathan is the WORST at this. I can NOT tell you how many times he has misplaced things or how often it falls to me to find whatever it is he momentarily lost. plus, he lost his wallet on a beach in mexico while on vacation. at least since james' wallet is in baltimore he can still go back and fetch it, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I leave my wallet behind a lot, unless I am driving. But my phone, never.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep everything in my front pockets (keys in the coin pocket), and I can feel their absence when I sit down in my car. So I don't even need to check.

    ReplyDelete