Friday, March 14, 2014

Fragments XI

~ There's some ironic incongruity about writing a cover letter while listening to Jay-Z's "Clique."

~ I have the world's saddest eyelashes. You can almost literally count them.

~ Remember when I referenced a head versus heart dispute that Gem and I had senior year? Well, OH MY GOSH GUYS, apparently I blogged about it. THIS post is about Gem o_o Made my night to find this XD

~ I'm giving up Facebook for Lent. It is only twelve hours into Lent {and I was asleep for eight of them} and I'm already struggling. This is almost as sad as my eyelashes.

~ I bought two high-low dresses yesterday. I'm madly in love with both of them. They look amazing with black leggings and combat boots.

~ You know what annoys me more than a lot of things when I'm at home? My mother. Don't get me wrong, our relationship has improved a ton since I was in high school, but seriously? This woman. One of her favorite things to do is ask me what I'm doing. Like, I will be standing at the counter with a bowl in my hand, tipping a box of cereal towards it, and she'll come up behind me and ask what I'm doing. Oh, you know, just adding to Mount Rushmore. I'M HAVING CEREAL, WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE I'M DOING?

~ I am the only person who isn't over-thinking my date tomorrow night. Ever since I got asked out on Monday, people have been panicking over what I should wear; if I should have backup choices to change into if he shows up in a radically different style from what I'm wearing; if I should text him and ASK what he's wearing; if the eczema on my face is going to be embarrassing; if we'll have enough to talk about; if he's going to bring me flowers; whether or not he's tall enough for me to wear heels; etc, etc, etc. Honestly, I'm not nervous. We already like each other. We're friends. This isn't a getting-to-know-you, first-impressions-are-everything, make-sure-you-don't-do-THAT kind of first date. It's going to be just fine.

~ Um, read the "Reasons Why I Have Never Written to Santa" in THIS post. Apparently I used to hate writing letters? I don't remember that at all. But apparently I did.

~ 18 years of being a dancer is starting to have all sorts of effects I knew were coming but never wanted to believe:  painful, bad knees; hips that crack loudly; bony feet; and--as always--small boobs. Woo! Worth it? Um, yes. No regrets.

~ Or "ragrets," if you will. I really liked that movie XD

~ I am in the room with my sister and a male. I have been talking and doing things worthy of note, and the boy is choosing to pay 100% of his attention to my sister. I haven't been looked at in ten minutes. It is one of the strangest and coolest experiences I've ever had.

~ "The most dangerous risk of all:  the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet that you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later." My friend Gerard needs to hear this.

~ Gem likes me way more than I was prepared for. It's scaring me.

~ I've been writing bios and a first post and stuff for my potential new "public" blog. I come across arrogant as hell every single time. Like, I kinda am, but 90% of the time, I'm being sarcastic. You guys know that. Readers Of New Blog won't. *headdesk* Whatever.

~ Read THIS. It's an adorable poem and it almost made me cry. {You might have to scroll down a little and click "Read Anyway" or "Continue to Poem" or something. The link is from my own Stumbleupon account.

~Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment