Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Not Jumping Out a Third-Story Window

Most of you who know me would agree with the following:

Most of the time, I don't work very hard at school.

That doesn't mean I don't get good grades. I happen to be one of those really annoying people who get A's on stuff they did in three days. Here's the difference:

I work harder in those three days than other people do in entire weeks. And I'm miserable.

And I'm in the middle of one of those three-day periods right now, except this time I've somehow painted myself into this hellish corner where it's going to be like a WEEK AND A HALF of brutal school work as opposed to a few days.

Since last Friday, I have not watched one. single. episode. of Breaking Bad. That's how serious I am.

What happened is a series of unfortunate events.

First, for some ungodly reason, I signed up for a group presentation, a solo presentation, and another solo presentation that are all to be given within the same week.

Second, snow days happened, and some professors are assholes.

Third, in the same ten-day period as the aforementioned presentations, I have three tests and a midterm paper.

Fourth, I'm an English major now {it's official! :D}, so tons of reading is always, always, always on my plate, and not in the kind of classes that can be satisfied with SparkNotes. Oh no. These professors expect a whole freaking lot more than that. {I'm not really complaining about this one; I respect it, it just makes this ten-day period kind of like scraping your forehead against a cheese-grater while having your nose hairs plucked out with red-hot tweezers and trying to get the people at McDonald's to get your order right.}

But honestly, y'all, I HAVE been working hard, and even though I'm not sleeping well and have several budding stress ulcers, there's a perverse satisfaction that comes with cramming school work into every waking minute and still managing not to shoot yourself.

Because you know you're going to do just fine in the end.

At least, that's what you have to keep telling yourself.

~Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment