Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Character Judge

I like to pride myself on being a good judge of character.

LOLJK.

I suck, guys. I unbelievably suck. At least, I used to. In fact, you could almost guarantee that someone would be the exactly opposite of what I judged them to be.

She seems nice! = She's a total bitch.
He's so real. = He's a player.
She's really stuck up. = She's sweet and shy.
He seems like fun. = He's a stick-in-the-mud.

And so on.

Then you have my friend Ellie who's always been a killer character judge. She judges people the instant she meets them--and she's always right.

She's a total bitch.
He's a player.
She's sweet and shy.
He's a stick-in-the-mud.

Except for lately. See lately our personalities have been doing strange 180s. She used to be very gray-area, now I'm starting to see things less in black and white. She used to have commitment issues, now it's me who can't stick to a decision. I used to suck at judging people, now it's her turn.

It all started with her idiot boyfriend. I judged him to be an emotional wreck of a person, manipulative, wussy and weak in his faith. She didn't see it.

I was right. Ha.

*clears throat* Sorry about that...

And she totally didn't see coming what happened in my little love...situation.

What's happening to us?? Things you used to count on, like me being wrong and her being right on, are suddenly falling apart. What's next? Gravity throws us upward? Goldfish don't smile back? Doctor Doofenshmirtz becomes good?

Oh well. At least there's still death and taxes.

~Stephanie

4 comments:

  1. sometimes love makes us blind. my best friend in high school started dating a total loser, but she just couldn't see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it makes us blind or willing to overlook faults that normally would have us turning the other direction. I guess what matters is that you do eventually see the real person, hopefully before it's too late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the questions at the end... and if goldfish ever don't smile back or Dr. Doof goes good, it's the end of the world (as we know it).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and as for character judging, when I was just a baby and presented to the pastor, I bit his finger. We all find out later he was a creep. Oh I'm good.

    ReplyDelete