Sunday, September 18, 2011

Dear Sarah...

I can't believe you're fifteen! Like, seriously. I feel like I'M still fifteen, so how can you be??

Fifteen was the best year of my life, definitely. Fourteen starts to sound young, but sixteen is still a long way off. You're old enough to do cool things, but young enough not to stress too much. You're old enough to be looked up to, but young enough to look up to other people. You basically get all the fun with little responsibility.

This is a transition year, only it's a fun one. {Not like going from twelve to thirteen, which sucks.}

Fifteen is a fabulous, free, fun year. It's cozy and crazy and creative. It's loving and laughing, growing and grinning. It has the potential to be the best year of your life. But--I just realized--doesn't every year? Tomorrow is not only the first day of your fifteenth year, it's also the first day of the rest of your life.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, enjoy fifteen. You'll never get it back, and if you let go and have fun, you'll enjoy it enough for a lifetime. If you carpe each and every diem, you won't need to go back. You'll have had the best year ever, with no regrets.

Here's to being fifteen, lil' sister. You deserve a great year.

~Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. Nicely written :)

    I know she won't read this but have a great fifteenth year Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :D I'll tell her XD

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete