Friday, December 16, 2011

I Hate It When...

9 Christmastime Pet Peeves:
1. When people say "happy holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas."
2. Bad Christmas movies
3. The breakouts that come with too much chocolate.
4. When people freak out about abbreviating Christmas as "Xmas." It is not crossing out the Christ. It comes from the Greek letter chi, which is the actual symbol for Christ.
5. Staying up too late and feeling terrible the next day.
6. Having to resist red and green M&ms. {I LOVE M&Ms.}
7. Feeling like a terrible person because I suck at thinking of presents.
8. The drama that always seems to ensue at Christmas parties.
9. Missing Christmas specials D:

~Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. I actually prefer "Happy Holidays", but the worst thing is when people get offended one way or the other. Why people just cannot accept they are good wishes, regardless of the wording. If you say "Merry Christmas" I say it back. If you say "Happy holidays" I say it back. If you say "Yuletide Blessings" I will say it back. I think so long as people are saying anything negative, why not accept it in the spirit intended?

    My hate overr the holidays: People complaining about no snow. I'm in Canada, no snow is a good thing. Stop cursing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love #4... something i didn't realize. Now I kinda want to shout it out to all those crazy Christians!

    ReplyDelete