Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Miss Unlimited

A few weeks ago, I got an email from someone named "JW Moxie." The email started with an introduction to these big websites called Aiming Low and Miss Unlimited. The email told me about how Miss Unlimited is a fun, encouraging site geared toward teenaged girls. That info was followed by the phrase, "I absolutely LOVE your blog," and that's when my face did this: -___-

I'll be honest: my first thought was Leave Me Alone You Stupid Automated Email That Is Getting My Hopes Up But Really Just Wants Money Or Something. JW Moxie must have anticipated my rude, cynical self, because the next line of the email was "I promise, I've read much of what you've written recently."

Me: "...hmph." *reluctantly sheepish, still skeptical* "Sure you have." But then Moxie started referencing specific posts. As if she ACTUALLY HAD read my blog.

That was rather unexpected. I started the email over, reading it without any cynical jeers. When I got to the end of the email, I was shocked. And also inwardly beaming.

I had been selected to be a blogger on the Miss Unlimited website.

Well dang :D

The site seems pretty awesome. Granted, it is not my usual environment, but a lot of the Miss Unlimited goals are the same as my own: promote strength, justice, self-acceptance and becoming the best You possible.

You should go check out the website. The guest posts {some of which will be mine} will be going up sometime in February. I'll give you another heads up later, but I know the other Miss Unlimited writers would be glad to have you reading even now.

If you like what you see, pass it on. The website is pretty new and could use more teen girl readers.

~Stephanie

5 comments:

  1. Hey! I don't know how you found me, but I'm really glad you did. I love your blog and I'd love to keep reading your posts. Congratulations on being asked to join Miss Unlimited!! That's amazing!

    I truly appreciate your comment. Not only was it a wonderful surprise, but it made me feel like I wasn't alone. Day in, day out I feel like people say they understand, but they don't. They say, "I was just like you once," but when you tell them how you're feeling, they don't care, they're too busy. So thank you for taking the time not only to read my post, but to comment on it too :)

    Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent news! Congrats. A well deserved boosts. I love your blog, and where I often do not agree with you about things I love how you write them out and present your pov not as truth but your truth with maturity and intelligence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been blogging long enough that I've gotten tons of stupid spam emails along the lines of "I love your blog, it's a good fit for these adult diapers we're selling, won't you PLEASE write a review?" Right. Because I spend sooo much time writing about incontinence.

    I loathe those emails, so I wanted to take the time to prove that I actually HAD taken the time to read what you've written; your words are valued. You've got a good thing going on here, and I honored that you've allowed your voice to be amplified with Miss Unlimited.

    I'm so glad that you're part of the team, and I can't wait until February! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I AM honored...," says the editor/English teacher. SMH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gabrielle: I found you by clicking on some of the books I love on my profile, haha. I think it was "Harry Potter" that led me to you XD

    I seriously know how you feel, and I'd be glad to listen anytime, even if it's the same things over and over. I know how it is. :)

    Jamie: Thanks! That's a really great compliment. I know I'll have different views from people, but to know that I'm not coming across in a bad way is very encouraging. I've not always been especially diplomatic XD

    JW: Haha, oh yeah. I really appreciate you taking the time and giving me this opportunity. Looking forward to contributing!

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete