Sunday, December 18, 2011

Seven Songs

There is only one week until Christmas. It comes faster every year. This year in some ways it feels like it came too quickly as usual, but in other ways it feels like it's been Christmastime forever.

Until yesterday, I had only listened to Christmas songs ALL. MONTH. LONG. That is pretty impressive in my opinion. However, on the way home from celebrating Christmas with my aunt yesterday evening, I was scrolling through my iPod and was hit by an overwhelming thirst for non-Christmas music. It actually felt like my soul was parched for music.

I put together a playlist of all the songs I just felt like listening to at the moment and listened with closed eyes. It felt like drinking water. I love music. I didn't realize how dehydrated December had made me XD

Still, Christmas songs have a special place in my heart {with glaring exceptions like Christmas Shoes, a song that should be forbidden and wiped from all memory} so I decided to post seven personal favorites today, with Christmas exactly seven days away.

1. I Celebrate the Day ~Relient K
2. O Come O Come Emmanuel
3. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
4. Merry Christmas, Here's to Many More ~ Relient K
5. Good King Wenceslas {RELIENT K VERSION. You have to listen to that XD}
6. Christmas This Year ~ tobyMac
7. First Noel ~ tobyMac and Owl City

~Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. The only Christmasy song I like is not really Christmas, but often played over the holidays is "Wonderful World". I wish I could enjoy Christmas music, as it makes shopping hell in December

    ReplyDelete