Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Staying Creative: Being Open and Surrounding Myself with Creative People

Tuesday: I had my Wake Forest interview! :O

It went...It could have gone better. At the beginning, I felt pretty good, then towards the middle and end I felt like things started to slide. When I left the interview, I was ready to bawl. I thought I did terribly. But as I let things sink in, I'm pretty sure it wasn't that bad. Could have been better, but then whose college interview couldn't?

The scariest part of the interview was realizing that now aside from sending my application...my admission is out of my hands. Completely. The interview was my big chance, my make-it-or-break-it moment. Did I make it? Break it? I probably won't know until sometime in March. For a control freak like me, that's a horrifying concept.

I tried to be open on Tuesday, and I guess I was. Really the day should have been focused on Quit Beating Yourself Up, because I did so much of that after the interview. {Actually I still am.} Still, I was Open, although I don't feel like I have a lot of stories to go along with that.

Today I was supposed to Surround Myself with Creative People. I had class today, so I suppose some of them are creative. Still, I didn't get to be as intentional with that as I'd like.

Tomorrow I'm going to focus on Getting Feedback, which is highly important for a creative mind, I think. I'm not sure how to go about doing that in just one day though. Feedback is something you have to solicit and then wait for. I dunno. Maybe I'll give someone one of my stories.

Or hey, I could give YOU guys part of one of my stories :O

Hm. I may do that.

~Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment