Thursday, October 20, 2011

Staying Creative: New Places, Blessings and Rest

Tuesday: After Monday's monumental failure in the productivity department, I was prepared for Tuesday to monumentally suck.

It did not.

While I didn't get to go Somewhere New, I got done everything I needed to, with time to spare. The debate I pretty much wrote in the one day went over quite well on Wednesday. I'm pretty sure Cassidy and I won.

Wednesday: Counting my blessings. I could probably do that from now until infinity, but let me list the top...um...*lists as many blessings as she can without getting stuck*...31 that come to mind.

BLESSINGS:
1. Ability to dance
2. Talent for writing
3. Desire to learn
4. Parents who are still married and crazy about each other
5. Friends that I can trust
6. Just FRIENDS of all descriptions
7. An iPod
8. A computer that I don't have to share
9. Teeth that didn't require braces
10. An immune system of steel
11. Eyeliner
12. Cheez-Its
13. New boots
14. A supply of blank notebooks
15. A camera
16. Cable TV
17. Time
18. Good grades
19. A home where the leaves change color
20. A hair color that I don't hate
21. Height
22. The ability to paint my nails with my left hand
23. A left hand
24. A right hand
25. A knack for languages
26. A trip to Europe
27. Money to do boot camp
28. A doggie
29. Books
30. Sight
31. Hearing

Thursday: Get Lots of Rest.

I skipped bootcamp to fulfill this. Worst decision ever. I'd rather exercise than sleep.

OHMYGOSHDIDIJUSTSAYTHAT?

It's true though. Dang.

Life is so busy. I suck at posting right now. Hopefully November will be better. Although, I have something to tell you guys...

I'm considering doing NaNoWriMo for the first time this year. I'm a senior in high school and suddenly feeling the urge to do everything I've ever wanted to do but haven't yet. Thoughts?

~Stephanie

3 comments:

  1. About NaNoWriMo, yeah I say go for it. You have the ability to write and I'm sure you've heard this already from others, but the chance just to get the story out, even if it's not a masterpiece, is good because then you have something to go back and work on. I did it last year and I'm considering it again. I think I've worked up an outline to the point where I could get 50,000 words out of it. You'll have to put aside your internal editor and just write. My NaNoWriMo user name is JaysonW if you want to add me as a writing buddy when that part of the website is working. If you do let me know and I'll add you. We can race our progress bars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never done NaNoWriMo, but I've been considering it too, although I have no idea why! I really need to get my writing jump started and I've been wondering if NaNoWriMo is the way to do that. My problems being that I have photography school to focus on and other books I am sorta writing. And what on earth would I write? You aren't supposed to start writing until Nov. 1st and everything I want to get a jump start on is already started... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jay: Hmmm...I'm thinking I'm gonna go for it. But deciding WHAT story to do is so difficult. If I do it, I'll add you :D

    Riah: You should do it XD IF I'm doing it, you should...but I totally understand being busy. I don't know how I'm going to manage...

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete