Friday, February 10, 2012

{birthday wish}

Quick question: I moved the Labels to the top there ^ How do you feel about it? Is it annoying? Let me know.

Thanks for joining us, Alexis and Esmi!

From my second to my sixteenth birthday, my annual wish on the candles was the same:

"I wish I had an older brother."

Pathetic? Probably. True? Definitely.

Of course, birthday wishes are just symbolic. They can't actually come true or anything.

{OH GAWD, OH GAWD, BIRTHDAY FAIRY, I TAKE IT BACK! I TAKE IT BACK!!!!}

But, I mean, why take a chance?

So I still make birthday wishes, and do not divulge them until 365 {or 366} days have passed and the wish has either come true, or not.

So far it's mostly been not. Though considering that for fourteen years I wished for the biologically impossible, I can't really blame the Birthday Fairy. {Although if you count Aaron, then my wish DID come true. So. Keep wishing, guys.}

On my seventeenth birthday, my wish was different. I wrote it down, and I quote:

"I wish I could have a great boyfriend. Not necessarily that I have to live happily ever after with him, but that he'll be wonderful and we'll have lots of good ties together and it'll at least be a good and not heart-breaking experience and we'll part ways mutually and still be friens and not regret anything."

I'm a very specific wisher.

The wish did not come true. However, I have fourteen years' worth of practice coping with null wishes, so it didn't really bother me XD

This year, my wish was something more practical; something that will actually have a long-term impact on the rest of my life. Wanna know what it is?













Lawl, nope XD Check back here in 363 days ;)

~Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. Actually an older brother is not impossible... Though maybe a tad bit awkward on your dad:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted an older sibling, and have definitely wished for one more than once x)
    I guess my cousins kind of act like my siblings, even if 14/17 of my first cousins are younger than I am. I get to watch them all grow up =DD
    ^I sound like an old person there.

    ReplyDelete