Saturday, February 11, 2012

Disney Princesses


Alright, guys. Your turn ;)

A little while ago I listed the ten Disney Princes in order of hottness, and now it's time for me to judge the Disney Girls.

I analyzed them with six different categories: hair, eyes, bravery, intelligence, funniness, and kindness on a scale of 1-10, and used that rating as a ballpark. However, I tweaked it to reflect my opinion accurately. For example, Cinderella scored significantly higher than Jasmine, but I like Jasmine better. So I moved her up the list.

Belle
Without a doubt my favorite princess. She loves to read; she longs a life greater than what everyone assumes for her; she sacrifices herself for her family; she stands up to the Beast; she falls in love with a friend; she doesn't let romance stop her from saving her father; and she doesn't give her heart away until she's 100% sure. Belle is incredible. I want to be just like her.

Hair: 7
Eyes: 7
Brave: 10
Smart: 10
Funny: 8
Kind: 8
Overall: 50/60

Rapunzel
Rapunzel is adorable. She's innocent and hilarious and determined to live her dream. I think her and Flynn's love story is my favorite after Belle and the Beast's.

Hair: 10
Eyes: 7
Brave: 8
Smart: 8
Funny: 9
Kind: 7
Overall: 49/60

Jasmine
Jasmine is fun-loving and refuses not to marry someone she doesn't love. She's smart enough to see through Aladdin's attempt at lying. She has a pet tiger. She's Arabian. And I just really love Aladdin.

Hair: 6
Eyes: 7
Brave: 6
Smart: 6
Funny: 5
Kind: 5
Overall: 35/60

Mulan
Mulan stands up for her family in a very real, dangerous way. She isn't good at being a "perfect" girl, but she doesn't become hateful or emo about it. She tries her hardest to do the right thing, and ends up finding something ever righter. And gets a hott warrior guy along the way.

Hair: 5
Eyes: 5
Brave: 9
Smart: 9
Funny: 7
Kind: 7
Overall: 42/60

Cinderella
I think Cinderella is gorgeous. I always loved her hair when I was little, and she has the most stunning, sparkling blue eyes. Granted, she's a bit of a spaghetti spine, but hey, at least she stands up to the cat.

Hair: 8
Eyes: 10
Brave: 6
Smart: 6
Funny: 6
Kind: 10
Overall: 46/60

Aurora {Sleeping Beauty}
She's very beautiful, has a great voice, and a cute imagination. She's also not terrified of her prince, even when he sneaks up on her in the woods. However, I've never admired the way she just went and cried when the fairies told her she couldn't see Philip again. Like, really? Sneak out the window. It's not that hard.

Hair: 9
Eyes: 5
Brave: 5
Smart: 5
Funny: 4
Kind: 6
Overall: 34/60

Tiana
She's exceptionally hard-working, and struggles with finding a balance of work and fun. I can relate to that. She has pretty eyes, but terrible hair.

Hair: 3
Eyes: 5
Brave: 6
Smart: 7
Funny: 6
Kind: 7
Overall: 34/60

Pocahontas
She's pretty cool. Definitely pretty, and she has some good ideas about...saving...animals...

Hair: 7
Eyes: 7
Brave: 8
Smart: 7
Funny: 5
Kind: 7
Overall: 41/60

Ariel
*wince* Sorry. I happen to know this is a couple of peoples' favorite princess. But no. She's flat-out freaking GORGEOUS in pictures, but in the actual movie, she is not even that pretty. For real. She also forsakes her whole family for a guy she met once. Back-stabbing little rebel.

Hair: 9
Eyes: 8
Brave: 6
Smart: 1
Funny: 4
Kind: 3
Overall: 31/60

Snow White

Um...does ANYONE like her? Her voice sounds like she's singing under water; she's terrified of everything; all she does it cook and clean; she somehow misses all the warning signs when an evil-looking old hag offers her an apple after she has strict orders not to talk to anyone... Really, what is there to like?

Hair: 2
Eyes: 5
Brave: 2
Smart: 1
Funny: 1
Kind: 10
Overall: 21/60

There you have it, folks.

~Stephanie

9 comments:

  1. I pretty much agree with your order EXCEPT ONE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to add for Cinderella, I think she was the way she was because she knew nothing else. Wasn't she basically raised as a child to be their slave? Sure she was too kindhearted for her own good but if you have no other option what can you do?

      Delete
  2. The way you just described Snow White, it is completely clear just how stereotypically woman she is. And so stupid. I'm kind of outraged right now. Really Walt? Really? I realize the 30's were a different time, but it's your job to defy typical society, not feed into it!!


    I agree with your order. Cinderella was always my favorite when I was little too, but she's just so obedient. It takes a giant explosion of magic, plus a musical number to get her motivated to sneak out to a ball. If she was more free thinking, and had more personality than "kindhearted" then she would probably still be my favorite.

    I love Rapunzel too! But I'm so jealous of her (well, besides being locked in a tower by an evil witch abductor). The only thing I ABSOLUTELY HATE is her hair at the end. Before, anyone gets offended, it's not because it's brown or because it's short. It's hard to explain. It's just ugly. And I'm pretty sure it will never grow ever again. WHICH IS STUPID. It would be better if she had long brown hair. But no. It's spiky.

    Wow. Okay I'll stop now

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your disney related posts ahaha. i myself grew up watching disney (pixar and fox - anastasia, anyone?) animations. :) these princesses were a part of my childhood - always wanted to be like them when i "grew up". i love how these animations aren't only for entertainment purposes, several convey some kind of deep moral truths through those dark moments. don't like the sequels to some of the movies though, i think most of them are completely unnecessary. and stupid.

    i agree with some parts of your list though i always found myself favoring mulan. and jasmine. but definitely mulan. :P i agree with your ratings on belle, cinderella, and aurora. and most of the others. :D

    oh and the art/graphics in rapunzel i love. though the resolution to the story was kinda GAAHHH. flynn could've just let rapunzel heal him first and then quickly chopped off her hair, right? and why did he feel the need to cut off the whole thing? i guess for the drama. :|

    btw, what does it take for a female disney character to be regarded as a disney princess? what about esmeralda from the hunchback of notre dame? i mean, not all of the disney princesses royalty from birth. so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED this post! Mulan is definitely my favorite though. And you're completely right about Snow White, but I still love her... I think because I always did as a kid. Haha gotta love Disney :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. My top favorites would definitely be Belle and Mulan. But what the hail, I love all Disney-beings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belle, Ariel, Aurora, and Snow White are my all-time favorites!!! And in Snow White's defense, it WAS Disney's first full-length animated feature with sound, and that was the current ideal of what women should be like, but yeah, I think about that too when I watch her. Haha. But either way, I still love Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your order!
    The only one I don't agree with is Jasmine. I don't know why I don't like her. Maybe a subconscious resentment of people who can get away with bearing half of their stomachs. :P

    -Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  8. im actually one of those non-existing people who like snow white. cooking and cleaning are like high on that priorities list. if my required duties for the rest of my life were cooking, cleaning, and taking care of the kids, id be one happy gal.
    =)
    good post, though.

    ReplyDelete