Friday, April 1, 2011

Mooching

I talk a lot. So I figured it was okay to mooch off some famous people today.

"Writing well mean never having to say, 'I guess you had to be there.'" ~ Jef Mallett

"The best liar is he who makes the smallest amount of lying go the longest way." ~ Samuel Butler

“The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.” ~ Abraham Lincoln

"To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will." ~ Ronald Reagan

“A bore is a man who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company.” ~ Gian Vincenzo Gravina

“I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.” ~ Mark Twain

"Anyone who can handle a needle convincingly can make us see a thread which is not there." ~ E. H. Gombrich

“I made this letter longer than usual because I lack the time to make it short.” ~ Blaise Pascal

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without asking a clear question." ~ Albert Camus

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." ~ Ronald Reagan

~Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment