Sunday, May 15, 2011

Change of Heart

So, there's this book called "Twilight." You may have heard of it.

I used to really like it. Like, way before everyone else did. Like, when it came out. It was the first book of its kind that I had ever read, and I really liked it. It was funny and romantic and Edward was amazing. I felt like it had strong morals and told a good story.

Well...

It's been about a year and a half since I've read any of the Twilight books, and I must say any good feelings I had about them have worn off. I cannot for the life of me understand why I loved them so much, and find a lot of merit in what people are saying against them.

BUT, I've never been a person to love something that wasn't worth loving. I mean, I have high standards and am a logical person. I'm beginning to wonder if I've been listening to anti-Twilight media so much that it's influenced my thinking. I mean, I remember that the first movie was a terrible representation of the real story, and I've written several pieces supporting Twilight. Maybe I just need to read the books again.

So I think I'm going to.

I'm going to re-read the Twilight books and give you a weekly update. How am I liking them this time? Do I have any snarky comments? Are they not as bad as I feared? Are they ten times worse than I remembered? Is Bella Swan really that pathetic?

You may love Twilight, you may hate it {I'm willing to bet most of you hate it}. Probably there will be something in the posts for everyone. We'll see.

You can expect the first post on Monday. Because everyone hates Mondays anyway.

~Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. Haha, can't wait to read your updates! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. theres a book called "change of heart"
    its by jodi picoult.
    i totally recommend it.

    ReplyDelete